GENERAL MEDICAL ULTRASOUND AT CDS
Ultrasound scanning remains the best way to assess the major abdominal organs and investigate general medical problems. It is safe, does not involve injections of imaging dyes and causes no distress for patients of any age.
Patients attending CDS benefit from the availability of modern, up to date ultrasound scanning technology. High resolution 2D, 3D and colour Doppler (bloodflow) imaging significantly increases diagnostic confidence and capability in key areas of general ultrasound.
The CDS scanning team has considerable experience in specific areas of general medical in addition to pregnancy and gynaecological ultrasound.
GENERAL MEDICAL ULTRASOUND:
- Abdominal (liver and gall bladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and urinary bladder, bowel, abdominal aorta etc.)
- Small Parts (neck and thyroid gland, prostate and testes etc.)
- Musculoskeletal and Soft Tissue
- Vascular (carotid arteries, abdominal aorta, peripheral vascular and veins arteries)
- Wellman and Wellwoman Health Screening
General abdominal ultrasound is the best choice for the preliminary investigation of:
- Abdominal pain
- Renal stones or gall stones
- General inflammatory disease and jaundice
- Suspicion of malignancy
- Abdominal masses
For general enquires, further information and appointments please view our Contact Page