GENERAL MEDICAL ULTRASOUND AT CDS
Ultrasound scanning remains the principal imaging modality for assessment of the major abdominal organs and investigation of general medical problems. It is safe, does not involve injections of contrast media (“imaging dyes”) and causes no distress for patients of any age.
Patients attending CDS benefit from the availability of modern, up to date ultrasound scanning technology. High resolution 2D, 3D and colour Doppler (bloodflow) imaging significantly increases diagnostic confidence and capability in key areas of general ultrasound.
The CDS scanning team has considerable experience in specific areas of general medical in addition to pregnancy and gynaecological ultrasound. This area of CDS ultrasound services is headed by Dr Les Berger, consultant radiologist, who is one of the most experienced general ultrasound specialists currently practising within the U.K. He offers expertise in general abdominal, breast, musculoskeletal and paediatric ultrasound in particular. He has been very involved in developing the use of ultrasound-guided interventional (i.e. injection, biopsy and aspiration) techniques as an alternative to more invasive surgical managements.
GENERAL MEDICAL ULTRASOUND:
- Abdominal (liver and gall bladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and urinary bladder, bowel, abdominal aorta etc.)
- “Small Parts” (neck and thyroid gland, prostate and testes etc.)
- Musculoskeletal and Soft Tissue
- Vascular (carotid arteries, abdominal aorta, peripheral vascular and veins arteries)
- Wellman and Wellwoman Health Screening
General abdominal ultrasound is the technique of choice in the preliminary investigation of:
- Abdominal pain
- Renal stones or gall stones
- General inflammatory disease and jaundice
- Suspicion of malignancy
- Abdominal masses
For general enquires, further information and appointments please view our Contact Page